Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tough Black Love

I do not agree with how my mother raises me. She doesn't allow me to change or grow in an way. I have to stay within her image. By staying the exact same way I have always been, I see everything else changing and developing=thriving. Sure they might not be the BEST thing/person out there but they are happy with themselves.  I am not. I want to transition from relaxed hair to natural hair. This is a simple process that can mean going to hell if you are a black girl from a mom/family that have a 1800s knowledge about black hair. I have no problem with my family or anyone not for me going natural, but please can I have some opinion and control?

About 6 months ago I got interested interested in going natural. Yes, 6 months ago. However I still f-ing perm my hair. I am a 19 year old who has NO decision on my own fucking hair. I told my my mom about what I wanted to do, calmly. She attacked me telling me there is nothing that I can do to my hair. NOTHING at all? How about braids? "NOPE you can't get that!!" I listed this and that. I had to get rid of 4 months of growth like that. Next couple of weeks I told her I do not want to go to the hair dresser to get my hair permed. What did she do, she came back home with a kit. She mixed the kit her herself and punched me so I'll comply. Have to love that good ol' fashion BLACK tough love. If my child wants to change I will fucking beat her. GREAT PHILOSOPHY MOM. BULLSHIT.

When I finish school and support myself I will be natural. I probably will not go home as often as I should because I don't want to hear the ignorant talk.

*Looking back at this post it makes me laugh. I still feel this way, but I feel like a kid when I vent about stuff.*

No comments:

Post a Comment